Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Matthew 15:32

Jesus says, "I hurt for these people." Why? It isn't something political. Jesus doesn't "hurt for us" - he doesn't love us - because he has to. Really, Jesus loves me because there's something inside me that he likes. He really like us! He finds each and every one of us interesting and fun and really likes hanging out with us.

I imagine that if I were to walk up to him, his eyes wouldn't just graze over me. He would focus on me, and his eyes would light up, his energies would burn, and a giant, excited smile would cross his face. He would beg me over, and we'd talk. I'd tell him my stories, and he'd tell me his. He would laugh at my stories, and I would laugh at his.

We would do all sorts of crazy things together - like sledding into creeks, practical jokes of all shapes and sizes, flipping over porter-potties with friends inside, doing donuts in the snow. We would talk about deep, spiritual stuff as well, and he'd energize me with his words on just about anything. I would tell him about all my problems, frustrations, struggles and angers, and he would listen, and when I'm done, he would give me loving advice and help.

We would hang out all day, then I'd have to go, but he'd beg me to stay, and I would, and then I'd say, "See you tomorrow," and he'd say, "Not yet!" I'd get home late and Mom would yell at me.

Jesus likes you. He likes me. He wants to laugh with us, cry with us, live life with us. The Creator of all you see and all you don't likes you!

No comments: